“Personal Data” is any information which can be used to identify you or from which you are identifiable. This includes but is not limited to your name, nationality, telephone, number, bank and credit card details, e-mail address, your image, identity card number, driver license ID, biometric data, race, date of birth, marital status, religion, health information, vehicle and insurance information.
What Personal Data do we collect?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- your name, your phone number and your location data
- details about the device you use to access SKIDOO, which may include your IP address or other unique device identifiers
- cookies information as set out below
- any other information provided by you pursuant to your use of SKIDOO
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
If you are a delivery agent user of SKIDOO, we may also collect and process the following data about you:
- your contact details, other registration or profile information that would personally identify you and reporting information about your use of SKIDOO
- details required in order to collect and pay to you any fees as relevant
- delivery agent performance, operational and financial details
What do we use your Personal Data for?
Any of the Personal Data we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- to personalize your experience: identifying your preferences and behaviour to help us better respond to your individual needs.
- to improve our website: we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you;
- to improve customer service: your Personal Data helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs;
- to process transactions swiftly and securely;
- to perform internal operations to provide our services such as troubleshooting software bugs & operational problems, monitoring and analysing activity trends;
- to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature;
- your Personal Data, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your Personal Data. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this Personal Data confidential. We may also release your Personal Data when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies for the prevention or detection of a crime, protect public interest or protect ours or other rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We generally only permit our duly authorized staff to access your personal information and data, and we will not release such personal information and data to any third parties save and except for the following circumstances:
- where the information and/or data is disclosed and/or transferred to any third party suppliers or external service providers who have been duly authorized by us to use such information and/or data and who will facilitate the services on SKIDOO, under a duty of confidentiality
- where the information and/or data is disclosed and/or transferred to our agents, affiliates or associates who have been duly authorized by us to use such information and/or data
- where the information and/or data is disclosed and/or transferred to any other party in connection with a sale or proposed sale of all or part of our business or portfolio of products or other assets
- in order to enforce or apply the terms and conditions of SKIDOO or any other agreement to which you and we are a party, as applicable
- where we deem necessary in order to maintain and improve the SKIDOO services.
Can I access and correct my personal data?
In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance and subject to the exemptions specified in the Ordinance, you have the right to:
- check whether we hold personal data about you and to receive copies of such data
- require us to correct any personal data relating to you which is inaccurate
- ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by us
In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, we have the right to charge a reasonable fee for processing a data access request.
Requests for access to personal data, correction of personal data, information relating to the kind of data held and to stop receiving direct marketing, may be made by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any such request should also clearly state the details of personal data in respect of which the request is being made.
How do we protect your Personal Data?
We have adequate measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, accidental loss or destruction. Where we have given you (or you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the SKIDOO service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Your password is the key to your account. Please use unique numbers, letters and special characters and do not share your SKIDOO password with anyone. If your password is leaked to a third party, you may lose control over your information and other data submitted to us and you could also be subject to legally binding actions taken from your account. As such, if your password has been compromised, you should immediately change the password.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. While we will do our best to protect your information and data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to the SKIDOO service; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information and data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We do use certain cookies and other similar technologies as part of our SKIDOO services. The cookies used are for the purpose of enabling you to use the service (for example to enable you to complete a registration or access information) and for us to understand and save your preferences for future visits, keep track of advertisements and compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to disable cookies (through your browser or device settings) although you should be aware that this may prevent you from being able to use all parts of SKIDOO.
Retention of Personal Data
Once we have obtained your personal information and/or data, it will be maintained securely in our system. Subject to legal requirements, your personal information and/or data will be retained by us after deactivation of the relevant service until you request us in writing to erase your personal information and/or data from our database. We will retain your information for only as long as there is a business or legal need.
Links to Third Party Websites
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on SKIDOO. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of SKIDOO and welcome any feedback about these sites
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at www.skidoo.com.my